Voice Your Concerns! Take Action!
Manitoba Women’s Institute members have been instrumental in establishing new laws and amending existing ones. Our members voice their concerns and initiate resolutions at the community, provincial, national and international levels.
Historically, MWI has played a pivotal role in influencing many changes to provincial laws and practices, including:
- Mandatory stopping for school buses with flashing lights
- Installation of railway crossing signs
- Painting of white lines on provincial highways
- Implementation of easy-to-understand labels on food products
- Enforcement of the proper use of slow moving vehicle signs
- Many other initiatives!
The Resolutions Committee, comprised of WI members, actively review and research various resolutions before submission to the Provincial Board for final approval. Once approved and passed at our Provincial Convention, resolutions are submitted to the appropriate Government departments and organizations.
Are you interested in voicing your concerns and creating safe and secure communities?
Be active! Be involved! Be a Member!
Call 204-726-7135 or Contact Us Online